Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It's been a while...

Well, the new year has proven to be the most challenging as of yet. My steady job for the past 9 years is coming to an end this week. God has given me an opportunity to strike out on my own. It's always been a dream of mine to own my own business, but until now, it's only been that; a dream.

As of February 28th, I have resigned my position as the Director of Internet Services for ION Media Networks. I am now the single employee of DL Technologies Inc. a company I formed in 2002. I am extremely excited and at the same time a little anxious about running my own business. Qubo has hired my company to be the exclusive IT consulting firm for their offices in New York. What a blessing to get to work with such a fun group of people from NBC and Scholastic Media as well as Corus Entertainment.

I am so thankful for this opportunity that God has given me that I had to write it in my blog! Yes, I no longer have health insurance or a 401K, but what I do have is freedom and new responsibilities that all belong to me. I am looking forward to providing Qubo with the best service that anyone can offer and I owe it all to God for opening the doors and giving me the courage to walk through those doors.

I am so excited I can hardly sleep at night. It's been a while since I've felt this excited about my work. It's good to focus on my career again and take my mind off of the drama of my personal life for a while. I'll keep you all posted on the progress.

My prayers are for all who read this to be encouraged to do something bold in their lives even if they are scared.

No comments: