Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Birthday Thoughts...

After a much needed vacation to Florida to gather my thoughts and strength, I have returned to start a new chapter in my life. Florida was unbelievable! I love my old friends down there and the beautiful beaches are so welcoming and the ocean is as blue as it's been in my dreams as of late.

I know the vibe is just different down there, it's a non-stop party but it can get old rather quick. Of course, as soon as I got in my cab from Laguardia back to my apartment, I realized that this is definitely my home. There's just something magical about New York that I have yet to be able to put into words, and a part of me doesn't want to be able to as I'm afraid that when I can finally describe what it is that draws me to this place; I will be bored with it.

Looking forward to Spring in Manhattan is almost as good as waiting for Christmas morning. Tomorrow I turn 32. Where does the time go? I mean really, that sounds so cliche, but I am sitting here, 10 minutes from my birthday and I'm wondering what have I done in my life and where will God lead me in the coming year?

My Good friend Geoff's wife gave birth to their first child last night! I went to visit them in the hospital after church today and it was such a beautiful experience. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wasn't scared or freaked out to pick up his new born baby and play with him. I guess a part of me wanted to see what it would be like when my sister and my brother's wife have their kids in September. Wow, that's all I can say about the miracle of life.

Lord! what's next?? I am so thankful for all that you have given me, but I'm so excited about this coming year that I can hardly hold a thought in my head. I feel like tomorrow will be the beginning of a long journey of which I do not know the conclusion. All I know is that there are no accidents, and everything that you've done in my life is just leading me closer to you.

Happy Birthday to me! April 2nd 2007

No comments: